MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are terpenes and why are they important?
- Terpenes are simple alcohols that are responsible for a cannabis plant’s aroma and taste. When we talk about cannabis strains we’re really talking about their terpene profiles and, to a smaller extent, the flavins, tannins, and other minor molecules that contribute to the entourage effect.
- The primary difference between indicas and sativas is their myrcene concentration levels.
- Also present in hops and responsible for the different flavors of craft beer.
- Terpenes are responsible for the entourage effect
Where we source and why?
- Quality of terpenes depends on growing conditions
- Terroir, the soil, topography and climate, is important in giving the terpenes their distinctive profile. Different cultivars are optimized by craft growers to the terroir of the farm.
- Small batch craft means the grower can pay attention to individual plants for peak terpene optimization
- We use true Artisan craft growers with decades of experience that have optimized their cultivars for the terroir
How we handle and process our material
- Cryo-freezing to lock in the flavor of the fresh plant within an hour of harvest
- We then extract to live resin form
How do we isolate the terpenes from the live resin?
- We invented a new proprietary technology that separates the THC from the terpenes
- No chemicals or solvents are used
- Our process preserves the lighter, more difficult to capture terpenes that are responsible for the sweet distinctive aromas
- Unlike our competitors use a crude steam distillation that destroys the lighter terpenes resulting in an incomplete terpene profile
Who is Alpine Vapor and why are we qualified to perfect terpenes?
“Who We Are”
- Founded in 2013 in the heart of Los Angeles
- We're focused exclusively on creating high potency vapes with the best flavor
- Our unique talent is blending high quality oil with great custom engineered hardware to create a product that tastes great
- We’re passionate consumers driven to create exciting products that we love using as much as you.
Our superior science and technology is what makes the Alpine difference
- We're a collection of devoted scientists and engineers that invented the technology for preserving the lighter terpenes that are more responsible for the flavor.
- We have deep relationships in the Emerald Triangle that allow us to consistently source only flower grown for live resin (peak terpene expression)
- We are highly selective about the strains we process
- No never use cheap botanical terpenes
- We always make our terpenes, so that they meet our exacting standards.
We formulate true to strain and single source
- Single strain origin - we don’t blend terpenes
- No botanical terpenes
- Matching the strain to the hardware
Why is Alpine hardware better?
- All wetted parts are polished cubic zirconia ceramic or glass
- We don’t use any metals so there is no potential for heavy metals leaching in to the oil
- We tune the resistance, intake hole size to work perfectly for our blends
- We designed geometry of the cartridge for peak performance
- We firmly believe that the best oil in the wrong hardware is a tragedy
- You can’t make a great vape without great hardware AND great oil
Third-Party lab testing